Aktivait for Small Breed DogsHS-NWATC02
Share this Product
Cognitive decline is a progressive condition that is very common in older animals.
Aktivait for Small Breed dogs is a nutritional supplement to aid a healthy central nervous system and support brain function in older cats and dogs, Aktivait helps to avoid free radical damage and promotes brain signals.
SIGNS OF COGNITIVE DECLINE
- Increased wandering around
- Pacing up and down
- Decreased recognition of familiar people, pets or places
- Getting lost in familiar locations
- Less interested in play
- Restless sleep or waking at night
- Toileting indoors
- Clingy behaviour
Most people see this happen over a period of time and may not spot the signs or just put the changes down to ‘old age’, not realising that they could do something about it. Untreated, the condition could worsen as the cat ages, however there are ways to help your cat regain their quality of life.
There are a number of measures you can take to help your cat’s quality of life:
- Keep your cat fit and at the correct weight by feeding an appropriate diet
- Try to engage your cat in play. Use a variety of toys to stimulate interest
- Spend time every day stroking and gently grooming them
- Make sure that your cat has easy access to clean litter trays in a secluded and convenient location
- Keep changes in their environment, such as changes to their food and water locations to a minimum
Aktivait comes in a capsule which can be opened and mixed with food, or given whole to your cat.
For optimal results, Aktivait should be given as soon as any signs of cognitive decline are seen. It can also be given to cats from middle age onwards to help maintain normal brain function.
Noticeable improvements from Aktivait have been reported as early as 3-4 weeks after the start of supplementation, but this will vary by age, breed and severity of the changes present.
- Phosphatidylserine – a phospholipid, which helps to maintain normal cell membrane function
- Omega 3 fatty acids – eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- L-Carnitine – essential for cellular metabolism and healthy mitochondrial function
- Co-enzyme Q10 – used to aid energy production, also has potent antioxidant effects
- Selenium – an antioxidant and important mineral in maintaining natural cognitive function
- Vitamin E – a very potent antioxidant and lipid soluble vitamin with cell-protecting effects
- Vitamin C – a water soluble antioxidant vitamin